If the furniture is new and needs to be painted on raw teak
- Lightly sand with 180 grit in order to have a good paint adhesion.
- Using a cloth, degrease the teak with acetone, as the presence of oil in the teak can reduce the adhesion of the paint if this step is not done.
- Dust the furniture.
- Apply a first coat of TEXWOOD PREMIUM, using a brush. There is no need to apply a primer, the paint is designed to replace it.
- Lightly sand with 180 grit to obtain a smooth surface that is pleasant to the touch.
- Apply a second coat of TEXWOOD PREMIUM, if the result is not satisfactory, apply a third coat.
If the furniture is already painted
It is possible to paint / repaint your bench according to the following instructions:
- Cleaning with St Marc lye (PIN RESIN) using a brush (wear gloves)
- Complete drying
- Scrape off the chipped/unstuck parts (with a scraper)
- Lightly sand all surfaces with a 120 grit sandpaper to obtain a clean and even surface (this will help the paint coat to adhere)
- Remove dust with a broom
- Use acrylic paint for exterior wood 300 ml for 1 bench on average.
- Apply a first coat of paint
- Carry out a 180 grain sanding
- Apply a second coat of paint, if the result is not satisfactory, apply a third coat.